WordPress themes for photographers are a must if you want to showcase your portfolio. Photographer’s WordPress themes have been specifically designed to illustrate artwork, photographs, sculptures, and other masterpieces. Although many WordPress themes have a portfolio included in the package, not all themes for WordPress meet the unique needs of photographers.
To help find the most suitable WordPress theme for your photography business, we have put together our 10 top ten list of the most awesome WordPress themes for photographers. These themes include stunning portfolios, blogs pages, videos, and everything you need to showcase your work. Among the WordPress themes are some of the most popular ones used by freelance photographers and large professional photography agencies.
1. Core Minimalist Photography Portfolo
First on the top 10 list of WordPress themes for photographers is Core Minimalist. This is a very popular WordPress theme in the photography industry. The theme features 3 homepage styles and has full-width options to really showcase your art work. It is also very easy to link to your social media accounts to boost your digital online footprint
What are some of the other reasons why Core Minimalist Photography Portfolio is on the list? Here are a few:
- Built-in shortcodes made designing pages very simple
- Light and dark skins with unique flow galleries
- Password protected galleries to help monetize your site
2. Kingsize Theme for Photographers
Kingsize theme for photography sites on WordPress is one of the best selling WordPress themes. This theme offers amazing opportunities to highlight your work in on of the 7 unique galleries. You can also create multiple portfolios and sell your work through the eCommerce package that is included. What’s more, the responsive pages look great on mobile devices.
What else does Kingsize photographer’s WP theme feature?
- Premium plugins like Virtual Composer included
- Very easy gallery management and unique gallery types
- Designed with SEO in mind and features fast-loading pages
3. Photolux for Photographer’s WordPress Sites
If you are looking for a powerful and elegant WordPress theme, then Photolux is your answer. With an easy to navigate control panel, you create stunning pages in no time at all. Pages and posts allow for showcasing your photographs and videos. You can also create unique sidebars or choose full-width layouts.
Why do we love Photolux WordPress theme? Here are a few more reasons:
- Create stunning portfolio pages
- Capture visitors attention with one of the 4 fantastic sliders
- Choose from 34 different backgrounds or create your own one
4. Photography WordPress Theme
Simply called “Photography” this WP theme does everything that professional photographers would expect a showcase website to do. Even if you have no coding knowledge, you can easily design and publish stunning webpages. You can also choose from 10 blog layouts and 9 portfolio templates. Your artwork will never have looked so good as it does on Photography theme for WordPress.
Here are some other reasons to buy this theme.
- Design pages with infinite scroll
- Create pages with ease using the demo pages supplied
- Compatible with WooCommerce, MailChimp and comes with Revolution Slider and iLightBox included
5. Objektiv WP Photography Theme
When less is more, a minimalistic theme is what you need, and Objektiv really hits the mark. This is a clean and minimal theme with everything photographers need. You can design stunning pages using the pre-installed templates. Customers can also browse galleries and approve photos before being published. What’s more, the eCommerce features allow you to sell your work online.
What are the other great features of Objektiv?
- Multiple page layouts for your needs
- Interactive showcases with full social medial integration
- All pages are fully customizable
Now, half way through the top 10 WordPress themes to showcase photos and art work, we come to Shade. Shade photography WP theme features parallax galleries, columns galleries, and horizontal showcases. You can also keep your customers up to date with beautifully-designed blog pages. The option of full-width layouts really highlight your work and pages look amazing on mobile devices.
Other reasons to buy Shade WordPress theme for showcasing photos are:
- Proofing gallery for your customers
- Lots of page and post theme templates to choose from
- Designed for all types of devices for HD quality
If you need a WordPress theme to feature fashion photography, then look no further than Azalea. Azalea comes with a whopping 12 different homepages to capture visitor’s attention. Also, it features one-click demo import to get you up and running in no time at all. You can also choose from some amazing inner pages to fit your specific needs.
Some other reasons to purchase the WordPress photography theme include:
- Specially designed for photographers with amazing gallery features
- All pages are fully customizable and responive on all devices
- Complete with 12 premium plugins to make it even more easy to work with
8. Mira Photo WordPress Theme
Mira has some great page layouts for showcasing photos and telling stories visually. This is a very easy to use WordPress theme and is very popular among photographers and photo agencies. You create pages using one of more of the 15+ layouts and you can create photo blogs, portfolios, fashion blogs, or storytelling blogs. There are also 6 homepage designs to choose from.
Other reasons to buy Mira include:
- Very easy to use and easy for website visitors to navigate
- Many different page layouts to choose from that are all responsive
- SEO ready with superfast page loading times – essential for photographers
9. Smoothly Photographer’s WordPress Theme
Smoothy is a great WP theme for leaders in the photography industry. Not only does it have unique pages to choose from, it also as 6 different unique concepts. Easily design and publish pages using Visual Composer and Template Manager plugins. The theme also has support for SVG images and has a useful “Back to Top” button.
Smoothly also has some of these great features:
- Comes with 19 premium WordPress plugins worth over $180!
- Full design control with over 180 predefined selectors
- Grid, Masonary, Large first layout to really showcase your art
10. Voxco Photography WordPress Theme
We like to think that we’ve kept the best ’till last with the Voxco WordPress theme for photographers. Almost every element is customizable in Voxco and you can feature slideshows with large hero images. The WordPress theme is well-thoughtout and perfect if you need to showcase artwork and photographs.
- Over 200 options to customize every page on your website
- Create unlimited sliders and it comes with Voxcos own unique slider
- Fully optimizes for mobile, including slideshows.